Brian W. Perry
- Criminal Defense
- White Collar Criminal Defense
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- New England Law/Boston (JD)
- Lafayette College (BA)
Awards & Recognition
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyer®
- National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Lawyers
- 10/10 AVVO Client Rating
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Top 100 Criminal Defense Lawyer
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 10 Best
- American Academy of Trial Attorneys, Premier 100 Trial Attorney
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel, Nation’s Top 1%
- Philadelphia Magazine, Top Attorneys in Pennsylvania
- Harrisburg Magazine, Reader’s Choice Award for Criminal Defense Attorney
- Susquehanna Style Magazine, Select Lawyer
- Pennsylvania Top 10% Client Satisfaction Award
- Lawyers of Distinction, Top 10% in the United States
Presentations & Publications
- “Effective Trial Advocacy”, Widener University School of Law, since 2019
- “Use of Force Investigations”, Fraternal Order of Police, since 2019
- “The Nuts and Bolts of Preliminary Hearings”, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2018
- “The Defense Perspective”, Pennsylvania District Attorneys Institute, 2017
- “Media in High Profile Criminal Cases”, with Cumberland County District Attorney David Freed, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, 2014
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Dauphin County Bar Association, Member
- Current Chairman of the Dauphin County Bar Association, Criminal Law Committee
- Central PA Elite, Assistant AAU basketball coach (2014-2020)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- Dauphin County Pre-Trial Services, Board of Directors (2001-2012)
- Camp Hill Baseball Association, Legal Counsel (2004 – present)
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court’s Criminal Procedural Rules Committee (2014 – 2020)
- Camp Hill Little Lions Football Camp, Coach/Sponsor (2009 – present)
- Central PA Elite, Assistant AAU Basketball Coach (2014 – 2016, 2018 – 2019)
- Camp Hill High School, Assistant Varsity Basketball Coach (2016 – 2020)
Brian W. Perry
One of the preeminent criminal defense attorneys in Pennsylvania representing individuals and corporations.
Brian focuses his practice on criminal defense law and his representation includes:
- State criminal offenses
- Federal criminal offenses including pre-indictment representation and white collar cases
- Trials and appeals in state and federal courts
- Judicial conduct board matters
He has served as lead trial counsel in over 100 jury trials including criminal defense for homicide, felony drug offenses, sexual offenses, and federal crimes. Brian is one of a select number of attorneys who have served as lead trial counsel in two separate death penalty trials. He has argued cases before the PA Superior Court, PA Supreme Court, 3rd Circuit Court of Appeals, and PA Board of Pardons.
Brian served as Deputy District Attorney, Dauphin County District Attorney’s Office from 1994 – 1997. He also served as a law clerk for the Honorable Jeffery A. Smith, President Judge of the Bradford County Court of Common Pleas. Brian is a former Dauphin county juvenile hearing examiner and former chairman of the prestigious Pennsylvania Supreme Court’s Criminal Procedural Rules Committee.
Prior joining Tucker Arensberg, Brian was majority owner and Managing Partner in the firm Perry, Shore, Weisenberger & Zemlock.
- Represented national celebrity Bill Cosby in his successful appeal to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court.
- Represented Richard Ireland – a Philadelphia-area business person accused of bribery and was granted a Rule 29 judgement of acquittal.
- Represented Tim Curley – a former Penn State University athletic director charged with perjury-related offenses.
- Represented Lisa Mearkle – a former Hummelstown Police Officer acquitted of criminal homicide.
- Represented a national celebrity accused of sexual misconduct on appeal.
- Represented a former Dauphin county Chief Public Defender charged with conflict of interest.
- Represented a former Middletown Chief of Police charged with sex offenses.
- Represented multiple former Pennsylvania state senators and representatives charged with sexual and other misconduct.
- Represented multiple Magisterial District Judges charged with criminal misconduct and other disciplinary issues.
- Represents the PA Fraternal Order of Police in the Legal Defense Fund.
- Argued appellate cases before the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts, the Federal 3rd Circuit of Appeal and Pennsylvania Board of Pardons.